Classic Scribbles

Sunday 5 February 2017

A Writer's Life


A writer's life is filled with books, pens, copious cups of tea and coffee and blank pages.

I finished writing the final draft of my fantasy novel last year and will begin Book 2 this month.

January flew by while I evaluated and edited a historical manuscript for an old friend. It was time well spent. Editing one's own manuscript is impossible to do without outside advice. I wish to thank my writing colleagues for their sage advice regarding my characters, plot and setting. Some characters wouldn't have survived my blue pencil. The plot is stronger and the setting clearer, despite its fictional backdrop.

Shall I construct a schedule? Will I stick to it? Will I find an agent for Book 1? Should I self-publish instead? So many questions with so few answers.

All I can do is forge ahead and never give up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment